Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Buttermilk Banana Bread

from My Kitchen Cafe


I have a nut allergy so I was excited when I saw this banana bread recipe because it didn't call for nuts--I always feel like I'm leaving one of the most important ingredients out when I leave the nuts out of banana NUT bread!  I had some batter left over when I filled my bread pan so I made six muffins with the left over batter--a nice little after school snack!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar (although I only used about 1 cup of sugar and it was plenty sweet!)
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup mashed bananas (wound up being about two good sized bananas)
4 tablespoons buttermilk
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash baking soda
 
Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Mix until combined. Pour batter into greased and floured bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment