Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chicken Parm and Chicken Parm Sandwiches

I really try to double whatever I make so I can put half in the freezer for another time.  Sometimes the food that makes it to the freezer turns out to be a totally different meal when it comes out...this was one of those times!  I made chicken parm with the normal angel hair and marinara.  I made double the amount of chicken and used it a couple of weeks later for sandwiches.

italian bread crumbs
eggs
chicken breasts
olive oil
marinara sauce
shredded mozzarella
angel hair pasta

Flatten chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper with a meat mallet.  Dredge in bread crumbs, then egg mixture, then bread crumbs again.  Fry chicken breasts in olive oil.  When all chicken has been cooked, place half in a 9x13 casserole dish and wrap remaining half in foil to freeze for a later meal.  Pour marinara sauce over chicken breasts in casserole and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake in oven preheated to 375 until marinara is bubbly.

For Sandwiches:

prepared chicken breasts
sub buns (I used sweet italian bread from Kroger bakery and it was yummy!)
marinara sauce
sliced provolone
shredded mozzarella

Thaw out frozen, cooked chicken breasts.  Place on sub buns and top with marinara.  Place provolone slices on side of bun without chicken and sprinkle chicken with shredded mozzarella.  Place under broiler until bun is browned and cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. Angela - I just read your very funny comment (although I'm sure it isn't so funny to you) on my giveaway post. I was laughing over the "tears falling into your cookies." Oh, the pain!! And your poor rolling pin - although I have been known to banish my children from the kitchen so I can use a few choice words when things aren't going right. Anyway, just wanted to check in and say thanks for commenting, it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete