Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beef Arrostito Sandwiches

So I bought this roast.....

I've never made a roast.  In fact I have never bought a roast.  I called my mom and asked her what I needed to do with this bottom round roast I bought.  She laughed and said that there wasn't much I could do with it; apparently it isn't the best cut of meat.....no wonder it was so cheap!

I was determined to make it into something edible; and I did!!  This was so yummy and had a great amount of flavor.  I used LOTS of spices and herbs. I DARE you to buy the cheap cut of meat and try it yourself! :)

3 lb bottom round roast (I used two 1 1/2 lb pieces)
3 cups beef broth
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
2 T oregano
2 t black pepper
2 t basil
1 T parsley
1/2 t celery seed
1 1/2 t salt

hoagie rolls
mozzarella cheese

Place beef in crock pot.  Combine broth with spices and pour over roast.  Cook on low heat until meat is done, about 4 hours.  When meat is cooked through, remove from crock pot leaving broth mixture.  Thinly slice meat and return to crock pot and cook for about 45 minutes to absorb some of the flavor. 

Place meat on hoagie rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.  Place under broiler until cheese has melted.  Serve with remaining broth for dipping.  I recommend straining the broth while the sandwiches are broiling so you don't have clumps of spices in your au jus.

No comments:

Post a Comment