- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey (or leftover Thanksgiving turkey!)
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; stir in cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Layer each with turkey, tomato and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Mini Hot Browns
If you have read some of my previous posts, you know that it is hard to get my husband excited about a recipe. Get excited...because he gets excited about this one! In other words....you know it has to be good! I make these every year for Derby and decided to use the left over Thanksgiving turkey for these today. Very yummy!