Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I've been making this for about a year now which means I haven't bought those little packets in about a year!  It feels good knowing that my little family is getting a few less preservatives in their tummies!


1/4 cup chili powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper





Mix all the ingredients above in a small bowl.  Keep fresh in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
Double or triple recipe as needed. 

To use:  substitute 2 rounded Tablespoons for 1 packet of taco seasoning. 

**You can also kick up the heat a notch by adding in 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes!!**

Recipe courtesy of Smashed Peas and Carrots
(the picture is too until I get my camera fixed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment