Monday, August 29, 2011

(Ssshhhh....Zucchini) Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins


So I'm pretty sure that my oldest daughter could win the award for "pickiest palate."  I mean really, I'm pretty sure I can count on two hands all of the things she will eat. 

One of them is chocolate chip muffins and she has been begging me to make them for her for breakfast.  I have a bit of a hard time with this.  How is this appropriate for breakfast?  It's basically a cupcake with no icing!  

So...I did some "doctoring" without her knowing and I feel much better about her consuming these before school.  She doesn't even realize there is zucchini in them because they are SO yummy!  

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp.milk 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup peeled and shredded zucchini
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (can also use miniature or semi-sweet)


In large bowl stir together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl combine the liquid ingredients: egg, oil, milk, and vanilla and mix well.  Add to dry ingredients.


Mix only until moistened. Gently fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.  Fill greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups two-thirds full. You can also make 12 (or more) regular sized muffins instead.


Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes for mini-muffins and 20 to25 minutes for regular sized muffins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment