Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lemon Buttermilk Pie

I had some buttermilk that needed to be used so I was FORCED to make this yummy pie.  Nothing says comfort food for me like something custardy...is that a word?  Anyway, the recipe says to bake for about 25 minutes but I have to say, mine took nearly an hour to set.  I'm going to leave the original time just in case there was something wrong with my oven that day.

1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 T. flour
1 T. grated lemon zest
4 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
1 stick butter, melted
unbaked pie crust

Preheat the oven to 350.  In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and lemon zest.  Whisk in the eggs one at a time.  Stir in the buttermilk and melted butter. Pour mixture into pie crust.   Bake until the top is lightly browned and the center is set, about 25 minutes (remember, mine took much longer).  Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.  Serve with whipped cream.

recipe from foodnetwork.com (Emeril Lagasse)

No comments:

Post a Comment