Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pumpkin and Apple Muffins

I know...it's June and I have posted two pumpkin recipes.  I actually made these in October but I have been so busy with school and family over the last several months I did not have a minute to devote to this blog.  I'm trying to play a little catch up, which is why there are the "pumpkin in June" recipes.  But really...would it be SO bad to have a little summer pumpkin?  I don't think so...


1 2/3 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 apple, peeled and finely chopped (I used Granny Smith)
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
3T. sugar

Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl.  Make a well in center of mixture.  Combine pumpkin, butter, and eggs in another bowl then pour into dry mixture; stirring just until moistened.  Stir in apples and spoon into greased muffin pans.  Combine remaining sugar and pumpkin pie spice and sprinkle on top of muffin batter.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.








No comments:

Post a Comment