Friday, September 23, 2011

Apple Pie Float {Applefest Recipe #5!}































OK...this one recieved mixed reviews.  My husband: "Ick."  Me: "It's Ok, it needs something."  My ten-year-old: "This is REALLY good, mom!"


So normally, I wouldn't post a recipe that everyone didn't absolutely love.  The discussion around the dinner table is always, "Is this blog worthy?"  But, you must understand, I have the pickiest ten-year-old on earth.  Not only did she try it (trying something new usually turns into a tear fest), but she LIKED it!  This is monumental!


It was my mission to make this taste better, because she begged for more every night after dinner.  So I switched from diet to regular and it was a major improvement.  I also tinkered with the measured amounts--as opposed to just "willy-nilly" pouring! :)  The results: Delish!


For one float:
2 scoops of vanilla Ice Cream
3/4 c. ginger ale
1/3 c. apple cider 
a sprinkle of cinnamon


Put the ice cream in a glass.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Combine ginger ale and cider in a separate glass, then pour over ice cream.  Enjoy!














Note: I have no idea why this post is highlighted in white.  Sorry bout that!!


idea from how does she

Thanks for checking out Applefest!  Tomorrow's recipe is a delicious fall recipe.  If autumn had a taste....this would be it!  Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment