Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dutch Baby


Yesterday my whole little family was home in the morning with no where to be!  Can you imagine?  No school, no work, no meetings....ahhhhh LOVE Labor Day (and any other holiday that gives us all a day off!)!


I decided to take advantage of the leisurely morning and make breakfast for my family.  You know, where everyone sits down at the table at the same time to eat--what a concept, huh?


I whipped up these little Dutch babies and they were well received.  My husband said that it tasted like something that he would eat at a little bed & breakfast--I'm going to go ahead and take that as a compliment.


I didn't top them with anything fancy; just some powdered sugar and some maple syrup for dipping.  But I can imagine the possibilities!  Baked apples, peaches, berries, whipped cream.....YUM!


These were fast, easy, and filled the tummy!
















4 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour, sifted
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons soft butter


Heat oven to 400°F. Butter (butter it WELL! Mine wanted to stick) two 9-inch cake pans well. Put eggs in blender container, cover and process at “stir” (or your lowest setting) until light yellow in color. Remove cover and add remaining ingredients; process on "blend" just until smooth. Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes; then reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 minutes.


(I have seen on other blogs that the traditional Dutch Babies are served with lemon, butter, and powdered sugar).

No comments:

Post a Comment