Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Bento!

So the first time I stumbled across a bento lunch on a blog, I really rolled my eyes.  I mean I REALLY rolled my eyes.  Who has time for this?  Why would you waste your time? 


Fast forward two months...I have registered my two-year-old for preschool two days a week.  If you know her, you would know that she is the most divalicious toddler around.  She has an opinion, she knows what she wants, and she will let EVERYONE within a one mile radius know about it. 


I worried about lunch time at the preschool.  I could just picture some other little playmate coming in with something that looked yummy to my little darling.  She would eye it up and either 1) scream for it...or 2) just take it.  I know, horrible manners but she is two and we are working on it! :) 


So then I remembered those cute little bento lunches.  And that is what I made.  I wanted to be sure that she had the most appealing lunch for her first day of preschool tomorrow.  And you know what?  It didn't take me any longer to make this little box then it would have to make a regular lunch.  I'm sure I will get fancier and that will take more time; but, it's nice to know that I can still throw together a cute little lunch quickly!

Not a recipe at all, but, here is what is in the box:

An apple shaped rice krispie treat (regular recipe with red food coloring added and a pretzel stick stem)

A serving of pretzel sticks under the rice krispie treat

Silicone cupcake liners (reusable) filled with yogurt and blueberries

2 slices of ham rolled up, cut to fit

1 string cheese, cut to fit

No comments:

Post a Comment