Monday, September 19, 2011

Caramel Apple Toffee Dip {Applefest Recipe Day #1}



I have made this twice and it has been a HUGE hit both times.  It's something that can be thrown together very quickly.  I've also mixed the cream cheese and brown sugar the night before and placed it on my platter/plate.  When I was ready to serve, all I had to do was slice my apples, pour on the caramel, and sprinkle on the Heath Bits.

Oh, and don't bother putting lemon juice on your apples to keep them from turning brown.  With this dip, the apples won't be around long enough to turn brown.  Trust me!



1 8oz block of cream cheese (I use light)
1/4 cup brown sugar
Caramel sauce for drizzling (I use Smucker's brand that is made to pour over ice cream--it's fat free!)
A sprinkle of Heath toffee bits
Sliced apples for dipping

Mix cream cheese with brown sugar. Spread on a plate, and top with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of toffee bits. Sliced apples for dipping. Dip the apple slices in pineapple juice after slicing to keep them from going brown.
***in the picture, the recipe has been doubled***

Check back over the next ten days for more apple recipes!  Want a tease?  Tomorrow's apple recipe involves chocolate!


recipe from thesisterscafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment